CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 15, 2008

Quick Update

Abbie told me that if we were going to have a blog that I would be in charge of it...hence the reason nothing ever gets posted on it. Here is a quick update on what has been going on.


I am still working on the LAUSD Learning Center project in down town Los Angeles. It is a K-12 school with a contract price of around $400 million. It is crazy how much they are spending on this school...it is good for the company I work for but I think it is an extremely wasteful way of using the tax payers money, but it doesn't really matter what I think.


Abbie is working one day a week at St. Johns Regional Medical Center in the Cardiac ICU. She likes her job and it is good for her to be able to get out of the house that one day a week...plus it gives Madisyn and I a night to hang out and have daddy daughter date night.


Madisyn is doing very well...she is now 4-1/2 months old. She is still pretty small...weighing in at just 8 lbs 11.5 ozs. She really should be gaining more weight but she throws up a lot...when I say a lot it is not like the regular spit up babies usually do...she will throw up like half of her meal (or more) and then won't feel like eating again for a few hours. Her pediatrician is trying to get her in to see a gastroenterologist to see if he can find a reason why she can't eat very much and why she throws up so much. She has had a few x-rays to see if her left lung has started to develop and help out with her breathing but her little left lung still is not doing anything...it looks like she will just have to rely on her right lung. Although she only has the one lung her body has compensated very well and if you didn't know all of the stuff that had happened to her you would never be able to tell by just looking at her. At the end of this month she will be going to Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles to get into their pulminary clinic. The pulminologist will hopefully start working with her and he will also hopefully be able to refer her to a pediatric orthopedist so that we can figure out what is going on with her spine. As far as the doctors can tell she already has some scoliosis in her lower spine as well as an extra bone growing in the same place. They also need to do a work up on her upper spine to see if there is anything going on in her neck. Because she doesn't really have anything in her left chest cavity they will have to watch her really close because it will just make her spinal problems worse if they don't stay on top of things.


Although it seems like there is a lot going on with little Madi she is a happy little baby and we are so happy that she is here with us. Abbie takes really good care of her and I am so grateful for all that she does. She always knows the right questions to ask the doctors and she understands what they tell her...Madi is blessed to have such a good mom.


That is it for now...here are some recent pictures of Madisyn...Enjoy!


So Cute!




Her first Dodger game...

she didn't really know what to think.


Bath Time




4 Month Picture

7 comments:

Melanie said...

She is just the cutest little girl. Love the pictures.

Brianne said...

What a darling little girl you guys have. I'm so glad that Abbie called me and told me about your blog. Matt, I'm glad that you are doing a blog so I can keep up with you guys. I hope Madi continues to improve and get stronger. She sure is a cutie. Take care.

Nellie said...

You guys have a keeper! She is so cute! I'm sorry you've had such a rough start. I hope that Madi and Kyle can meet someday! I hope all is well with your little family! Keep in touch. Nellie

Lianna said...

hey there,
Matt-its been forever!!! I dont think I have seen you since 1999...thats almost 10 years here! I found your blog from mitch workmans. You guys have been through so much. Our little girl was born with spina bifida, but I dont think it can even compare to what you have been through. You guys are amazing! I hope you dont mind me checking out your blog. I hope your sweet little girl is doing well and progressing each day! If you want to email us our emial is tommysquirrel@yahoo.com and our family blog is www.jaredandlianna.blogspot.com
See ya-
Your old high school buddy Lianna Johnson Jackson

Frances said...

She is beautiful! Happy New Year!

Lianna said...

Okay matt- PLEASE update your blog so I can see pics of your baby!!!! :)
I hope she is doping well and hope you are all hanging in there. Hope to hear from you soon!!!! :)

Frances said...

Hello! This is Frances, Kyle's wife and I have a small favor to ask... I am putting together a book of "memories" for Kyle's 30th birthday and was wondering if you and Matt could send me an email with a few of your favorite memories of Kyle. I know this is super short notice, and I don't have your email, but please send it to fnegbert (at) gmail (dot) com. I am trying to get it together by no later than this Wednesday. Thank you Thank you Thank you!